Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Testers for 5.0 needed

Hello Valers,

I have been working in the past few weeks on 4.6, and I'm happy to say it's nearly complete: I just need to input the final new data once the event is over and I'll release it. Most of your comments and feedback have been implemented as well, so stay tune!

Meanwhile, I'm also trying to prepare the next major release: 5.0!
One of the most popular request I get is how to transfer data from one spreadsheet to the newest version. This is a tricky one for many reasons. I kept on postponing hoping a developer would help me code a website or an app with all the good stuff on this tracker, but so far no luck.
So I have found (I think), a good workaround that would allow you to copy / paste entire islands data from one sheet to the next (for example 5.0 to 5.1).

While the appearance will not change much, there is a lot of new formulas, changes, moving stuff around and so I need some help to test it all.
We'll be communicating through emails, the idea being not only to help report bugs, but also feedback to me so I can improve the sheet and make it useful for everyone.





If you are interested, drop me an email and I'll send you the beta file shortly after.

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be interested to try out your beta
    Email: www.alan1@live.com

    ReplyDelete