Saturday, September 2, 2017

Gold Optimization Spreadsheet 4.6

Greetings Valers,

The spreadsheet has been updated:
 - all the dragons: adding all the Dragons from the Pentournament
 - Eggs section updated
 - added the Rift habitat
 - MASTER updated
 - ISLAND: added island 19 & Guargantian Island (40 habitats!)
 - DASHBOARD: added a box to track Kairos level, and the max amount of gold you can get when activated!
 - DASHBOARD : added a box to track your Elder progress (was available on MY DRAGONS but not very clear)
 - Corrected a few spelling mistakes(thanks Ricky Patel!)
 - Various bugs fix (Ornamental) and improvements (dropdown list for levels now in descending order)

A massive THANK YOU TO SHARON F. Your third donation is a big incentive for me to a carry on developping and updating this.

Keep your feedback going, you can reach me via the comments here, on facebook or by my email.
Donations always welcome if you use and appreciate the spreadsheet!




Finally, pleaes note this is most likely the latest release of the 4.X serie. I have been working on 5.0 for quite some time, and I'm still looking for a few testers to ensure all the nex feature work properly.
Let me know if you want to try it early!

7 comments:

  1. Hi, I just came across this spreadsheet. Is there a guide on how to use it that I can use? It's quite large, and I have no idea where to start, or what I need to do to make it apply to my own park. Is there a possibility of importing one's park somewhere, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The DASHBOARD tab is sort of the output. It'll tell you your completion % based on your personal game goal. You can also enter some stuff in the bottom right to tell you how much gold/treats you'll need to accomplish the goal. It looks like 4.6 has a new feature that spells out earnings after activating Kairos.

      The ISLAND tab is where all the fun stuff happens (at least for me). I'll circle back to this section..

      The MASTER tab is where you can enter new dragons that are released in between file releases. It keeps track of all the dragons, dragon types, and earnings per level.

      The RANKING tab shows the top earners for each dragon type.

      MY_DRAGONS tab shows all dragons you own by dragon type (see ISLAND description below)

      OPTIMIZE_HABITATS shows the ideal number of habitats of each element type for gold earning

      EGGS tab allows you to keep track of which egg pedestals you have.

      HIBERNATION tab allows you to keep track of how many dragons you have in your hibernation cave (by level)

      LEVELLING_UP tab displays how close you are to getting each dragon to its highest level.

      Now back to the ISLAND tab.
      This tab is where you input all the dragons you have by island (based on the island map), you can enter how which dragons are in which habitat and what level each dragon is. Currently there are only 10 habitat slots per main island. There was talk to maybe expand but the consensus was that you can only realistically put 10 habitats on a given island while still keeping it aesthetically pleasing. I disagree, but I didn't make the Optimizer and am grateful the tool exists in the first place, so no complaints here :). At the top of the sheet you can find the world map and a place to input where each element boost is located. This info all feeds into background calculations that gets output on the DASHBOARD tab.

      Delete
  2. couldn't have put it better, thanks Ricky.

    @Marloss: you can also check the pages on this blog, there is some explanations on what is what

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ricky Patel: Wonderful run-down. I'm guessing I'll have to input all my dragons manually? That's going to take a while with 400+ dragons, heh. Anyway, I'm guessing that I'll have to start by listing all my dragons in the master tab, is that correct?

    @KinkSeb: I did take a look at the pages on the blog, and while they are informative, there is no pointers on where to start when taking up the spreadsheet.

    Does the spreadsheet calculate where it will be optimal to place boosts? I remember I made a casual attempt at optimising the boosts when I started playing 3.5 years ago, but I've never touched the boosts since then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind my question about the master tab. On closer inspection, the master tab just appears to be a list of all available dragons at the moment.

      Delete
    2. Are the drop-downs supposed to be working? They are in a perpetual loading state for me when I try to access them.

      Delete
    3. they should yes.
      I just checked, works fine on my Excel 2016

      Delete